You ever notice men in movies never have back hair? However, having a lot of body hair is genetic. You may not have realized it but there’s a mini war on back hair, leading to a boom in the best back shavers. So, before attempting the back shave with your own facial hair razor, you should check out a body shaver to help tame your grizzly hair.
A back shaver is a long-handled razor, allowing someone to shave their back hair. Back shaving tools come in various designs to get hard-to-reach spots on the back like curved, adjustable and foldable handles. Shavers also come in disposable razor blade and electric versions.
There are a variety of back shaver models, and each one has benefits, whether you’re looking for more maneuverability or a low-cost option. We’ve reviewed 6 of the latest models that produce the smoothest results.
Buyer’s Guide to Back Shavers
From electric, cordless back shavers to handheld wet/dry manual razors with long handles, there are vast differences in these body grooming tools. However, the main things to consider include type, length of handle, and price.
Check out other Hair Removal Tools & Products for Men.
Here are some the features to look for when shopping for back hair removal tools.
1. Type of Back Shaver
There are two main types of back shavers: electric or manual. If an electric back shaver is what you’re looking for, you also want to consider battery-operated or corded versions. Some of the more expensive back shavers will offer 2-in-1 corded and cordless versions.
Electric shavers tend to have a power cord that can be difficult to use while shaving your back since you have to hold the shaver up over your shoulder. This is why it’s best to look for a cordless version.
Battery-operated or chargeable back shavers offer the most versatility and convenience. These don’t have cords so they’re easier to maneuver around your back. However, you should look at battery charging time and battery life before purchasing.
If you don’t want to fuss with a cord or charging, then manual is the other option. These are long-handle, cartridge razors with longer blades. These can go with you anywhere, but you’ll need to replace the blades often to get the closest shave.
2. Length of Handle
The main difference between a regular shaver and a back shaver is the handle. You ideally want to have a handle that’s longer than 15 inches. Most handles are over 20 inches in length.
There are also retractable and extendable handles that can help if you have a longer torso. However, you should make sure that these lock into place, as you don’t want it to slip while you’re shaving. For this reason, it should also have a textured grip on the handle.
Most back shavers include the blades that you’ll need to get started. Depending on the model, you’ll likely receive a cartridge razor for manual or a double-edge razor. These blades should be made from stainless steel for the closest, smoothest shave.
We hope that your back shaver lasts forever, but in the event that it doesn’t, you should look at products that have a warranty to cover broken or malfunctioning shavers. Other brands have a money-back guarantee if it doesn’t work. These options are great if you’re purchasing online and want to ensure the product quality level is high.
5. Flexibility and Ease of Use
When shopping for a back shaver, check out the comments and reviews. While most of these products claim to have versatile heads, some cheaper models have stiffer heads that don’t move with your contours as you shave.
Ideally, your back shaver’s head pivots as you move, avoiding nicks and cuts as you move across your shoulder blades, mid-back, sides, and torso.
When using these on sensitive skin, it’s important to always use shaving cream to avoid skin irritation, razor burn, and ingrown hairs. These back hair razors typically work with hard to reach areas, but if a blade cartridge is old and the razor blades are dull, these shavers won’t help much for a smooth back, even if it has a fancy patented design.
We reviewed 7 of the top back shavers and rated them based on the results. We prioritized smooth, hairless results, followed by design, wet vs dry back shavers, battery life, and ease of use. Here’s a quick look at our picks, see full in-depth review below.
7 Best Back Shavers Reviewed
1. Mangroomer Ultimate Pro Back Shaver
The Mangroomer Ultimate Pro Back Shaver has a sleek black metal design with two shock absorber flex heads for a maneuverable shave across your back. The long handle, power hinge, and “power burst” options make it a great tool for getting those hard-to-reach patches of hair. Best of all, it’s one of the highest-rated shavers thanks to its extra-wide blades, and it’s a cordless.
- The new ULTIMATE PRO Back Shaver's unique patented design will enable you to reach all areas of your back by yourself with ease and shave off all your back hair effortlessly, plus added Power Burst button to shave through extra thick and coarse hair. battery life is estimated 3-4 years.Charging time from depleted to full charge is 6-8 hours, but initial charge can be from 8-12 hours
- 2 Interchangeable Attachment Shaving Heads - 1.8 inch ultra wide back groomer blade to shave large areas and longer hairs quickly, plus an additional foil body groomer bi-directional head for regular maintenance, shorter hairs and a perfectly smooth shave
- Shock Absorber Multi-Functional Flex Necks on both Attachment Heads effortlessly follows the contours of your back for perfect blade to skin contact at any angle, resulting in the ultimate shave in both comfort and closeness
- Extreme Reach Extendable Ergonomic Rubberized Handle locks into place at any length you choose with the new PRO XL Extension Lock Button, plus the new Power Hinge Easy Push Lock Button allows you to lock your ULTIMATE PRO Back Shaver at any angle you want
- A new advanced quick charge battery allows for easy and fast re-charging, plus a Charge Light Indicator alerts you when the back shaver is charging (red) and fully charged (green). Care and Cleaning: Rinse with Water, Wipe Clean.Special plastic handle offers people with improved griping feature
The Mangroomer Ulimate Back Pro is probably the best device for its ergonomic design, sharp blades, and flexible head. This shaver is also decently priced, despite being one of the higher-quality back shavers we reviewed. The charging time may be a little bit longer, so just remember to keep this cordless back shaver on its stand overnight.
Where to Buy
2. Liberex Back Shaver for Men
The sleek design of the Liberex Back Shaver will have people trying to guess what it is. This back hair removal tool is actually a complete body groomer tool that has an 18-inch foldable ergonomic handle. It’s easy to use and store, as well as reach the hardest spots in your center lower back.No products found. No products found.
The Liberex is pretty popular because of its modern, ergonomic design and flexible head. It comes with three refill replacement blades, making it one of the most valuable investments if you fight back hair constantly. It comes with a two-year warranty.
Where to Buy
3. baKblade 2.0 PLUS Back Shaver
The BaKblade 2.0 Plus Back Hair Remover is a body shaver with a long, ergonomic handle that you can use in the shower or on dry skin. It includes a full lifetime warranty guaranteeing the product’s durability (also making it one of the best shavers on the market) and the “Dryglide” safety technology sets this tool apart from others. We also think it provided an exceptionally smooth result with very little friction. Customers also like the long battery power life.
- Full Lifetime Warranty on all baKblade shavers purchased from manufacturer
- 90-Day money back guarantee and lifetime warranty automatically included; If not satisfied we will refund your purchase 100% guaranteed
- Patented Dryglide safety blade technology offers simplest and smoothest shave; Specifically designed and engineered to shave your back and body both wet or dry
- 2.0 shaver is 18 inches in length when unfolded
- Brand New in box. The product ships with all relevant accessories
Almost 10,000 positive ratings can’t be wrong. The baKblade may be the best back shaver because of its design and extra sharp blades, but it’s also just easy to pick up and use whenever you want to get extra smooth back.
Where to Buy
4. baKblade 2.0 Elite PLUS Back Shaver
The baKblade 2.0 Elite Plus is another back and body shaver from the iconic brand that created the 2.0 Plus. The ELITE version is another wet/dry shaver, but it has three rows of blades. The shaver can reach 18 inches with its extra-long handle, so it’s a little bit easier to use. Best of all, the Elite version comes with all the accessories, including an exfoliator brush.
- Shave Wet or Dry with our patented DryGlide safety blade cartridges which have been specifically designed and engineered to shave your back
- Comes with 3 rows of our Patent-approved DryGlide safety blade technology involves a 4” blade and teeth arrangement that creates a smooth and quick shave
- Ergonomic handle allows you to reach all your hard-to-reach areas
- ELITE shaver is 18 inches in length when unfolded
- Product ships with all relevant accessories including our BAKBRUSH exfoliating scrub brush
We love that you can turn the baKblade 2.0 Elite Plus into a superior shaver and skin exfoliator tool with various attachments. It’s about $5 more than the regular 2.0 Plus, so it’s worth it to upgrade if you want these attachments.
Where to Buy
5. Bro Shaver
Want something simple with no-fuss blades? The Bro Shaver is a top-rated body shaver that has an extended handle and a single safety razor design. While this isn’t an electric shaver, you may want something that’s closer and provides smoother results. You can also easily use this in the shower or when dry.
- CHECK YOUR SIX. Win your back hair war. Camo olive drab official Army green with parachord rope. Collectable limited edition. Stainless steel and aircraft aluminum components. Featuring Comfy Cloud Technology and Tension Grab. Fast blade loading. No refill ripoff, and you choose. Use any standard double edge safety razors. 15 razors included enough for 10 fresh blade changes. Shave Dry or Wet. Add this to your grooming arsenal.
- SHAVE WET OR DRY: Our NEW Comfy Cloud Shaving Technology delivers comfort and prevents skin irritation, even with dry shaving. Our blade refills are nearly 50 times cheaper and name brand compared to backBladed shavers with plastic holders hiding double edge razors inside. Don’t be fooled with competitors high priced refills and their handling, gluing then repackaging low quality double edge razors in plastic holders that are dull, crooked, rust, don’t last, and are bad for the environment.
- FAST AND PAINLESS DO-IT-YOURSELF BACK SHAVER: You won’t need help with back hair removal anymore. This is the smoothest, closest, most comfortable, safest and forgiving shave with the industries longest handle for greatest reach and comfort, lowest cost (just pennies) blade refills, premium quality with world class razors, stainless steel parts, strong reinforced handle, and easy loading. Includes 15 high stainless steel double edge safety blades enough for 10 fresh blade changes!
- BACK SHAVING DISRUPTED: 100% water resistant. The Bro Shaver offers the smoothest most comfortable shave that is guarded, forgiving, and protected. Use any world class double edge razor brands, then flip them over and use the other side. All for just pennies. It’s honest blade refill cost and clean. No more refill rip-off!
- AUTHENTIC AND THE ORIGINAL: Designed by an American company with over 15 years of experience, numerous patents, and know-how making back hair shavers. This is the latest model with camo comb. We have what you want: Outrageously fast, comfortable, easy and close shaving. The solution you've been waiting for. Enjoy Bro!
We think it’s a little pricey to go for a manual back shaver that’s almost the same cost as the baKblade 2.0 Plus but without some of the convenience. However, we felt like you can get an extra close shave with the safety razor design.
Where to Buy
6. Razorba Back Shaver
We decided to include Razorba Shaver as a low-cost option, but it’s technically a razor-holder with a long handle. It works with all disposable razors and most cartridge razors, particularly by the Gillette brand.
With no additional tools necessary, it’s a quick fix if you want something cheaper to help you reach those patches on your lower back.
- One time purchase with one low cost
- Easy to use painless and do-it-yourself
- Proven shaving quality with Gillette and disposable razors
- Proven patented design and it does not need batteries original since 2003
- Awarded Best of the Web by Maxim Magazine
We think this is a great tool for someone who already has a lot of disposable razors and just wants to extend their reach without purchasing any additional blades or changing their routine too much.
Where to Buy
7. EASACE Back Groomer
The EASACE Back Hair Removal Back Groomer makes swift work of your back hair with a 21.5-inch adjustable, curved handle. While it’s a manual shaver, it works really well for wet and dry shaving, and it’s also the lowest-cost option that offers a smooth result.
- QUICK& SAFE: 5.1 inch width blade makes the shaving quick and easy. Adjustable 14-21.5 inch curved handle help reach any sections of body. The razor covered by skin-friendly safety plastic teeth; protect your skin from scratching or pain.
- WET& DRY: The blade head designed to work in both wet and dry situations; you can finish your body trimming without worry about where or when. Sturdy shaver made from ABS plastic and lightweight steel covered with waterproof coating.
- LOW COST: No worry about the refills, only a few bucks will get you a set of new blades, we can purchase from our shop directly or search B07VFGG62W, Also 3 free blades as gift in the package for your shopping experience.
- EASY REFILL: Simply press the locker to remove the head, plug the new replacement and press a little, the new blade will be ready to work within 15 seconds. Quality handle can be stay in properly condition for years long.
- RISK FREE PURCHASE: Detailed instruction manual included in the package, EASACE 24/7 local customer service stand by for any questions. Return window closed? No worry, we also got your back with 60-day money back warranty.
If you have issues with electric shavers or just want to save on money initially, the EASACE Back Groomer is the perfect tool. Everything’s included in the initial package, as well as 3 additional refill blades.