Beard conditioners save your skin from itch and moisturize your hair follicles, leaving you with glossy, tameable facial hair. It’s one of the best beard grooming tactic that will free yourself of an unruly beard, beard dandruff and other problems from dry skin and brittle hair.
A Beard Conditioner is a topical product that comes if a few variations. One as a companion product to a beard wash that’s rinsed out. Another type is a cream that’s used as a leave-in conditioner. Both conditioner styles are designed to promote a healthy, moisturized beard.
Our top 10 beard conditioners for 2021 were rated based on their ability to moisturize with no excess oil or side effects. We also looked at customer satisfaction, ingredients, longevity, and overall value.
Table of Contents
Top 10 Beard Conditioners for 2021
- 1. Polished Gentleman Beard Shampoo and Conditioner
- 2. Scotch Porter Beard Conditioner
- 3. Honest Amish Beard Balm Leave-In Conditioner
- 4. Viking Revolution Beard Conditioner & Wash
- 5. Bluebeards Extra Conditioning and Beard Wash
- 6. Clubman Pinaud 2-in-1 Beard Conditioner & Face Moisturizer
- 7. Beard Necessities Grizzly Unscented Leave-In Beard Conditioner
- 8. Beard Balm Naked Fragrance-Free Beard Conditioner
- 9. Grave Before Shave – Beard Conditioner
- 10. ArtNaturals – Natural Deep Beard Conditioner
- Beard Conditioner and Moisturizer Guide
Top 10 Beard Conditioners for 2021
While conditioners may include natural oils and washes, some shampoos are good for beard conditioning and healing. If you have problems with a dry skin beard, a high quality beard oil, beard balm or conditioner may be just the right fix. Check out our guide below for the best products and proper usage.
These beard care products are arranged in no certain order. Please scroll to the bottom to see our pick for the best beard conditioner.
1. Polished Gentleman Beard Shampoo and Conditioner
We’ve reviewed this brand in the past and they’re known for their beard oils, shampoos, and conditioners. Polished Gentleman Beard Conditioner is all natural product with biotin and tea tree oil.
Their beard shampoo and conditioner duo is notably the best value on our list if you’re looking for an all-natural beard smoothing agent and itch relief.
- My good man, let your beard grow! Weed out the weak and thin ones, and let the big, thick, long beards stick around. Our Beard Shampoo and Beard Conditioner are formulated to help stimulate hair growth to make your beard thicker, fuller, and longer. They’re made with all-natural ingredients proven to stimulate hair growth so you can not only grow a thicker and fuller beard but gain more confidence––and more importantly––more respect.
- Forget about going to a beard club and wasting your money on some mediocre grooming line. Get this beard grooming kit for the MAN in you. Experience tenacious beard growth with this amazing formula infused with natural ingredients like Biotin and tea tree oil that keep your hair healthy and moisturized! It's time for you to cultivate a beard that would make even the great Zeus himself jealous, and slightly insecure.
- Keep your beard soft, hydrated, and full of life with this top-tier men's shampoo and conditioner. Fret not, my good man, because Polished gentleman is here to help you tame your mane and reclaim your follicle glory. Designed for the everyday man seeking a healthier, fuller, and less itchy beard. This natural shampoo and hair conditioner is specially formulated to give your beard the nutrients it needs to stop itching, remove dandruff, and restore your beard to its greatest potential.
- Treat your 'stache like gold with our hair shampoo and conditioner set. Keeps your beard clean and smelling good, without the harsh chemicals of traditional shampoos. Made with natural ingredients like coconut oil, shea butter, and cocoa butter to moisturize and protect your skin, hair follicles, and hair shafts. Creates a fresh manly scent that you can feel good about. Great for any guy looking to grow a killer beard.
- Your beard deserves a little luxury. Our beard growth kit helps you keep your hair soft, full, and fresh. With just a little hair growth shampoo in your hand, add water, massage into your beard, and the rich lather does the rest. Our all-natural formula will not only help you manage your beard, but we've added Aloe Vera to soothe sensitive skin. Enough is enough, you scoundrel! Get your shampoo and conditioner today.
We also found this duo adds more volume and thickness to your hair. Its formula includes tea tree oil, manuka honey, and argan oil. This leads to an incredibly soft and manageable beard.
Where to Buy
2. Scotch Porter Beard Conditioner
In our experience, the best beard conditioners don’t have a fragrance, but we’re ready to change our minds with the Scotch Porter Beard Conditioner cream.
With an incredibly intoxicating scent and herbs like marshmallow root, Scotch Porter is the choice for many men who want to smooth and condition their beard hair.
- A CONDITIONED BEARD IS AN ECSTATIC BEARD. Scotch Porter is breaking new ground with the only deep-conditioning beard treatment that nourishes and revitalizes dry, unruly beard hair, all with Vitamin B-5 to fortify and make it shine
- ALL NATURAL INGREDIENTS. Our proprietary blend of botanically-infused, 100% natural ingredients include: marshmallow root, slippery elm bark, nettle leaf, shea butter, coconut oil, aloe vera, agave nectar, silk protein, Kukui nut oil, & more
- HYDRATE + CLEAN + SOFTEN. Our conditioner softens and strengthens hair fibers at the root, preventing excessive shedding and promoting healthy beard growth. FRIZZ-DEFYING AWESOMENESS. Using our beard conditioner eliminates frizz and beard dandruff. It's also sulfate-free & super gentle for even sensitive skin
- Work our Hydrate & Nourish Beard Conditioner into your beard thoroughly, paying special attention to the ends of your beard. Leave it in your beard for 2 - 5 minutes. Then rinse.
- PART 2 OF 4 OF THE SCOTCH PORTER BEARD GROOMING SYSTEM. Condition that beard before becomes a scraggly mess. Use our beard wash, beard conditioner, beard balm, and beard serum for the thickest, fullest beard guaranteed
In addition, the formula includes shea butter, jojoba oil, chamomile flowers, and other herbs. We recommend using this after the shower and before styling. Some other products we like from Scotch Porter include their beard balm and beard serum.
Where to Buy
3. Honest Amish Beard Balm Leave-In Conditioner
Honest Amish is a popular beard brand that’s highly rated by customers who have purchased their beard balms, shampoos, and soaps.
The Honest Amish Beard Conditioner and balm include argan oil, grapeseed oil, avocado oil, virgin pumpkin seed, and other essential oils. With a mild scent, you won’t feel like your beard is overpowering the room, even if you’re standing shoulder-to-shoulder with other people in an elevator.
- Hand Crafted in the USA
- Softens Coarse and Rogue Hairs
- Stops the Itch and Eliminates Beardruff
- The BEST for your beard - GUARANTEED!
- The Most Trusted Brand for Beards in the World
We found this conditioner to be one of the best since you need little to soothe itch and add shine. While other conditioners may work better for softening hair, this product is a moisturizer that can heal dry skin instantly and style your beard perfectly.
Where to Buy
4. Viking Revolution Beard Conditioner & Wash
Beard conditioners are made to penetrate hair follicles deeply, even more so than a beard oil. The Viking Revolution beard conditioner also includes everything you need, and it lasts for many months or years depending on how often you use it.
Rinse-out conditioners like this Viking Revolution Sandalwood Beard Conditioner are also better for those who have sensitive skin. This is because it doesn’t leave behind any residue, which can cause dry skin as the product builds up over time around the hair follicle.
- Top-tier Beard Kit: Formulated to aid in healthy beard growth, this beard shampoo and conditioner kit hydrates, cleans and softens, giving your beard shine and life.
- No Itching or Irritation: Say goodbye to itchy irritated skin and get rid of beard dandruff. Wash and condition your beard, and look and feel great.
- Lather up: Our beard wash set deeply cleans and nourishes. With just a little beard shampoo in your hand, add water, massage into your beard and the rich lather does the rest.
- Contains Natural Beard Oil: This beard maintenance set is made with our top Beard Oil to give you the deepest moisturization and best beard growth conditioner possible.
- The Viking Promise: If for any reason, you’re not completely satisfied, simply contact us and we’ll take care of it.
The best way to use this product is in the shower after a good beard wash. You should do this right away and let your conditioner sit in your hair for a few minutes. Before you get out, simply rinse out the conditioner to reveal a healthier beard.
The formula includes jojoba, argan, and apricot kernel oils like many others, but it also has hydrolyzed yeast protein, which can strengthen follicles and even prevent hair loss.
Where to Buy
5. Bluebeards Extra Conditioning and Beard Wash
For those who want a 2-in-1 beard wash and conditioner, we recommend Bluebeards Extra Conditioning Beard Wash.
This beard wash contains amazing ingredients for extra conditioning, including natural aloe vera and citrus oils. However, there are some chemicals included such as propylene glycol that cause allergic reactions for some users.
- Cleans & Softens the Wildest of Beards - Maintaining your beard should never be a hassle. Our beard wash and conditioner gently moisturizes, smoothens, and strengthens your beard, and boosts its natural shine.
- Extra Conditioning - Tough on dirt, flakes, and odors, our beard softener for men uses aloe and other essential oils to break down trapped dirt and clogging pores, without stripping your beard of its natural oils.
- Neither Soap Nor Shampoo - Traditional beard shampoo can dry the skin beneath, and beard soap leaves a sticky residue behind. We created our beard and face wash to solve these issues that have plagued bearded guys for generations.
- Your Daily Beard Wash - For all beard types. Apply a small amount and work up a rich lather in the shower daily. Massage into the beard and face with circular motions, then rinse beard thoroughly.
- Made In USA - The best beard wash there is, every batch is expertly manufactured in the USA under the highest standards. Our beard wash for men is paraben-free, animal cruelty-free, and tested on real beards, like yours.
This beard wash is cleansing and easy to use in the shower. You can rinse it out and reveal a clean, fresh-smelling beard. However, we’re not sure it’s as good as others on our list for daily use, softening, and untangling thicker beard hair.
Where to Buy
6. Clubman Pinaud 2-in-1 Beard Conditioner & Face Moisturizer
Infused by nature-derived ingredients, plus its non-comedogenic. The Clubman Pinaud is a 2-in-1 beard conditioner does a great job at controlling frizziness with its coconut oil, soy protein, and panthenol. For issues with dry skin or slow beard growth, using this conditioner can nourish follicles and improve patches.
- 2-IN-1 BEARD CONDITIONER AND FACE MOISTURIZER: Clubman 2-in-1 Beard Conditioner and Face Moisturizer does double-duty as a face moisturizer and beard conditioner in one formula. This lightweight rinse-out conditioner can also be used as a deep conditioning treatment for additional moisture without weighing down the hair. It will nourish and replenish moisture in every strand, after just one wash!
- FORMULATED WITH THE PERFECT AMOUNT OF MOISTURE: This beard and facial treatment is free from harmful ingredients that bring the best out of your beard strands and can be used on your face. Feel and see the difference with touchable softness and natural sheen for noticeably healthier hair and skin. It helps discipline frizzy, fine hair for weightlessly long-lasting smooth hair with natural movement. No, weigh down. No greasy feel.
- POWERED BY NATURE-DERIVED INGREDIENTS: Formulated with a special blend of coconut oil, soy protein, and panthenol to soothe skin and leave your beard soft and frizz-free. This emollient also works to strengthen, condition, soften your beard while promoting growth and will prevent the buildup of bacteria on the skin and reduce the risk of acne and pimples! It’s meant to be used as a daily formula that will eventually relax any beard and skin!
- TIME-SAVING: The Clubman 2-in-1 Beard Conditioner and Face Moisturizer replenishes moisture and aids as a natural detangler by adding slip to the hair to save a lot of time when detangling. This allows you to comb through the hair without the fuss, making this a go-to conditioner for men that have sensitive scalps and who loathe wash-day!
- QUALITY FACIAL GROOMING YOU TRUST: Clubman was developed with the collaboration of celebrity barbers and stylists. Their hard work and keen insights into what grooming products a man needs in his daily routine helped create Clubman of today. They make products without compromise by focusing on only the finest quality ingredients to cleanse, nourish and protect!
You can apply this leave-in conditioner after a beard wash and shower. It’s best to apply this in the morning before styling your beard hair. With a scent that resembles an old school barber shop, it’s a very thick conditioner – best for full, thick or coarse beards.
Where to Buy
7. Beard Necessities Grizzly Unscented Leave-In Beard Conditioner
The Beard Necessities Grizzly Unscented Beard Conditioner is one of the best products for cleansing your beard and softening your beard hair.
With its hydrating formula that includes vitamin B-5 and argan oil, your beard will look shinier than ever after one use of this conditioner.
- SOOTHE ITCH AND IRRITATION - Our aloe vera gel and argan oil create a healing superfood combo that will not only eliminate itch and irritation but will repair damaged skin as well.
- HYDRATE AND MOISTURIZE - Feed your beard the ingredients it needs to flourish. There are so many harsh products on the market that will end up damaging and draining your beard of vital nutrients. This does the opposite - it truly is superfood for your beard.
- FRAGRANCE FREE - All natural, with no added perfumes instead we use citrus and orange peel oil to give our conditioner a very subtle and pleasant scent.
- RISK FREE - If you don’t love our Grizzly Beard Conditioner send it back within 60 days and we’ll give you a full refund. Thats how confident we are that you will love our product.
- GIRLFRIEND APPROVED - Detangle and soften even the most knotted and rough hairs while giving your beard a vibrant and healthy sheen. Your girlfriend will love it!
I also found my beard hair looked thicker. This is because of the Methylsulfonylmethane (MSM) included in the formula. This is typically a supplement that helps with hair loss, which adds a pretty penny to the overall cost of this conditioner. If you experience slow growth for your facial hair type or want to eliminate a patchy beard, try this conditioner first.
Where to Buy
8. Beard Balm Naked Fragrance-Free Beard Conditioner
You may like a little scent to your beard conditioner, but the Beard Balm Conditioner formula is made for those who don’t want an overpowering beard smell.
The Beard Balm Naked beard conditioner is perfect for those who love coconut oil and want to smooth their beards, getting rid of frizz and brittle hair.
- NOURISH & MOISTURIZE - Leave-in conditioner that nourishes your beard with just a light hold. Stops dryness, split ends, tangles, and frizz, while bringing out your beard's natural luster
- FRAGRANCE FREE - Naked offers the same amazing beard conditioning properties of Beard Balm, simply without the added essential oils, just light scents of coconut and honey
- ALL NATURAL - The light scents of our high quality fair trade organic coconut oil, aromatic Michigan beeswax, and domestically sourced medical grade lanolin will make your nose happy
- HANDCRAFTED - Beard Balm is an employee owned company that works in a small workshop in the heart of Detroit where every batch is carefully blended and poured into each 1.5 ounce can
- SIMPLE TO USE - The easiest way to tame a beard for beginners and veterans alike! Simply rub in some Beard Balm after a wash, it’s as easy as putting on your pants.
If you have a tangled, thick beard, this works in seconds to make your beard more manageable. It’s also not that expensive and highly rated, so this works for many who have experienced agitation with other fragrant beard oils and conditioners.
Where to Buy
9. Grave Before Shave – Beard Conditioner
The Grave Before Shave Beard Conditioner is a no nonsense leave-in that’s generously infused with argan oil.
- Our gentle formula cleans and hydrates your beard and skin to reduce itchiness and dandruff (or beard druff).
- Fresh and masculine scent without being overpowering. Leaves your beard looking healthy and smelling great after every use!
- THE BEARD CONDITIONER TO CLEANSE AND SOFTEN. Transform your beard from dry, frizzy, and flaky to touchably soft and noticeably shiny. Ideal for all hair and skin types. Looking for the perfect gift for the bearded man in your life? Look no further!
- GENTLY REMOVES THE DAILY BUILD-UP OF DIRT WHILE IT MOISTURIZES. A REFRESHED FEELING YOU CAN’T BEAT.
- ENRICHED WITH ARGAN OIL IN A CLASSIC BARBER SHOP SCENT.
It easily removes flakes, tames frizziness and doesn’t have an overwhelming smell. It has a classic barber shop scent, so it feels clean and refreshing.
Where to Buy
10. ArtNaturals – Natural Deep Beard Conditioner
We know beard conditioners can add too much moisture if you don’t wash your beard every day.
The ArtNaturals Deep Beard Conditioner includes jojoba, Moroccan argan oil, and vitamin E to enhance your beard and protect your follicles from inflammation.
- ArtNaturals Beard Conditioner is uniquely formulated to deep condition the thicker, more wiry hair of beards and mustaches, soothing and smoothing for easy styling
- Aloe vera moisturizes hair and skin, reducing irritation and “beardruff”
- Argan oil deep-cleans pores, jojoba oil and shea butter, renew, replenish and revive facial hair, as quinoa protein thickens hair, revving up shine
- Licorice and nettle root extracts combat hair loss and jump-start regrowth, helping fill in beard and stache patchy spots
- ArtNaturals Beard Deep Conditioner is made with premium-quality botanical ingredients, and is paraben free and cruelty free
This product works best if you have beard itch and dry skin that causes flakes. With one use, we found ArtNaturals softens, conditions, and hydrates your beard.
Where to Buy
Beard Conditioner and Moisturizer Guide
When we review beard conditioners, we focus on how the product makes our beard feel in the short-term and long-term. Depending on your type of beard and skin combination, conditioners offer long-term benefits, including healthier, manageable beard hair.
While conditioning your beard may heal your skin and prevent itch, it may not be enough to help you grow hair any faster or thicker. Still, it’s a step forward if you have an itchy beard or brittle hair and want relief.
Can I Use Hair Conditioner on My Beard?
Many men wash their beards just like their regular hair. While this may not be an issue with some hair shampoos and conditioners, other conditioners use chemical ingredients that won’t moisturize your skin.
Harsh chemicals may cause harsh reactions, including dry skin that itches.
If you have sensitive skin, beard conditioners are specially formulated to moisturize and help with skincare just as much as cleansing your beard hair. In addition, if you style your beard hair every morning, conditioners especially suited for your beard are better for daily use.
Is Beard Conditioner Necessary?
Beard conditioners are necessary to soothe and soften your hair while moisturizing your skin. If you don’t have any beard dandruff, dry skin, or brittle hair, then you may not see the point in conditioning. However, if you want facial hair to shine and remain strong, beard conditioners can improve the look of your beard.
For example, beards with frizzy, damaged hair benefit from conditioners as the cleansing agents soothe their follicles and skin underneath. This leaves hair shiny and sleek, and you can easily comb and style your beard to look your best.
Can You Condition Your Beard Every Day?
This is best answered by considering your own skin combination. Some facial hair conditioners have ingredients like paraphenylenediamine (PPD) or sulfates. These can irritate your skin with use every day.
Washing your beard daily using 100% natural ingredients won’t irritate sensitive skin.
So, yes, you can use beard conditioners every day, but if you notice your skin has become dry from daily use, switch to a conditioner that soothes your skin and hair. If you notice your skin is severely agitated after using a product, you could be allergic to the ingredients. It’s best to consult your doctor if you find your skin is breaking out in response to any creams or oils.
What’s the Best Conditioner for Beards?
We have reviewed hundreds of products for beard conditioning. We find the best conditioner for beards tend to include argan oil, jojoba oil, and vitamin E.
Viking Revolution beard conditioner has the best ingredients and prevents inflammation, relieving beard itch and dry skin almost instantly. It’s also the only conditioner on this list that includes hydrolyzed yeast protein, which can thicken your hair and prevent hair loss.