Is your bathroom drawer filled with different razors, blades, shaving creams, and other grooming accessories? You don’t need all of this to get the closest shave. The best electric razors offer the cleanest shave, plus detail trimming and even fading your beard.
The best electric shavers are built with steel blades that easily trim away facial hair while also providing precision attachments for edging, trimming, outlining, tapering and fading.
These top 8 electric razors have high customer ratings. We tested each one to see which provides the cleanest, closest shave and other features that set our picks apart from cheap and inefficient electric shavers.
Table of Contents
- Electric Razor Buyer’s Guide
Top 8 Electric Razors Reviewed
- 1. Braun – Electric Razor for Men, Series 7 7893s With Precision Trimmer
- 2. Philips Norelco Shaver S9000 Prestige
- 3. Braun – Electric Razor Series 9 9370cc With Precision Trimmer, Rechargeable
- 4. Remington F5-5800
- 5. Yohoolyo Electric Shaver: Fastest Electric Shaver
- 6. Panasonic Arc5 Electric Razor: Best Wet/Dry Shaver
- 7. MOOSOO Shaver for Men: Lowest Cost Shaver
- 8. YASUN Wet Dry Electric Shaver: Great Value Shaver
Electric Razor Buyer’s Guide
Shaving should be as simple as picking up your favorite razor and cleaning away hair that you don’t want. That’s why you should always dig into the features of any electric razor and find the ones with the best blades and latest technology.
Many electric razor brands change the models or add new features every other year, so we’ve put together a list that shows the perfect profile of our favorite razor.
The following features offer the most value for any electric razor:
Type of Blades
Most electric shavers come with 3 or more blades with the more expensive, premium products having 5 or more blades. These blades are typically made of steel.
However, these shaver heads will also use a shaving system with thin foil, which is typically coated in titanium. This type of reduces irritation from such close shaves. With thinner foil, shaves are cleaner and allow you to create the perfect edges.
One of the main issues with older razors was that the couldn’t move with the contours of your face to get close shaves around the mouth, nose, and jaw. With the pivoting head design, you get a flexible shave that almost hugs the hair before removing it. You’ll love the silky smooth finish with a more flexible shaver head and thinner foil technology.
From regular to turbo speeds, there are typically 2 to 3 speeds included with modern shavers. Speed indicators are typically found within the same LED panel as the battery life. Other shavers use a button to change speeds.
Cordless or Corded
For easier and effortless shaving, cordless electric razors are best. You don’t have to maneuver around any wires. However, the shaver suffers when battery life is low. You may see the speed and power drop.
However, corded shavers never lose any power, making them stronger overall. However, you do have to deal with a long cord that can get tangled up.
Accessories and Attachments
The accessories and attachments should always provide more value. Some of the most common features we’ve seen in modern electric shaver sets include:
- Multiple guards
- Pop-up trimmer and nose hair trim attachments
- Travel case
- Cleaning tools
- Charging pad or USB charger
Finally, any razor you select should have a travel safety lock so you can quickly turn off your razor and stop it from draining battery life while you’re en route. It sucks to arrive after traveling and not have a fast shave before a meeting because you need to charge the razor.
Top 8 Electric Razors Reviewed
Over the years, electric razors have gotten closer to a clean-shave, but there still isn’t anything like a straight razor shave on the electric razor market. However, newer models with the latest tech are getting much closer.
Review Criteria: Ratings based on shave quality, easy-to-use features, customer satisfaction, price, razor bump prevention, effortless maintenance, cleaning and charging. Reviewed in no certain order.
1. Braun – Electric Razor for Men, Series 7 7893s With Precision Trimmer
At the top of our list is the Braun Series 7 electric razor. With its flexible head that moves with the contours of your face, you can get the closest shave possible with an electric shaver. Durable and easy-to-use, you’ll love the shave so much that you’ll probably use it every day.
- The Braun Series 7 is a 100% waterproof smart electric razor designed for a close and gentle shave – engineered in Germany to last up to seven years
Best Overall Shaver
The Braun Shaver Series 7 7893 offers a silky, clean shave at a good price. The 7893 is part of a series, and while these also produce high-quality clean shaves, they come with different attachments and guards.
The 7893 includes everything you’ll need to get a great shave or even fade your beard, and you won’t have to spend over $200 to get it.
Where to BuyShop Now Price not available
2. Philips Norelco Shaver S9000 Prestige
Close to the Braun Series 7 shavers is the Philips Norelco S9000 Prestige electric razor. It’s easy to use, and works with short or long facial hair. With its brushed aluminum design, the Prestige works for wet and dry use.
- Experience the world's closest electric shave with uncompromised skin comfort. Philips Norelco's Series 9000 Prestige glides smoothly over your skin while cutting each hair exceptionally close in fewer passes resulting in a difference you can feel.
- NanoTech precision blades are strengthened with thousands of nano particles that cut hair with the highest precision, delivering an extremely close shave at skin level.
- Shaving heads are surrounded with SkinComfort rings, which have a special protective coating so the shaver glides smoothly over your skin.
- Effortlessly shave off even a dense beard. The BeardAdapt Sensor checks hair density 15 times per second and automatically adapts the shaver to your hair.
- The rechargeable Lithium-ion battery delivers the power of a corded shaver without the hassle of a cord. 60 minutes of shaving time, with a premium LED numeric display
Best All-In-One Shaver
It’s the latest shaver from Philips, which also makes it smarter. The display is easy to read and very useful for changing speeds. The SmartClick trimmer attachment, premium travel case, cleaner brush, and charging pad are all included with the package.
We found it was easy to get a clean-shave, as well as edge and fade our facial hair with the Prestige.
Where to BuyShop Now $249.96
3. Braun – Electric Razor Series 9 9370cc With Precision Trimmer, Rechargeable
Braun also created another top-notch razor with the Series 9. The Braun 9370cc is the best of this line with five synchronized shaving elements and incredible Sonic technology.
This smart electric razor also has an auto-sensing motor that tries to shave more hair with each stroke. The trimmer attachments are also coated in titanium, which is better for sensitive skin and a closer shave.
- World’s most efficient electric shaver . Efficient, close and gentle, for a flawless shave
- Best efficiency: 5 shaving elements get more hair in one stroke than any other shavers
- Best for gentleness: sonic vibrations glide over your skin for maximum skin comfort
- Use wet or dry. Now with 20% more battery power
- Product designed, engineered and made in Germany. Recommended by GQ and the Skin Health Alliance accredited
Close-Shave Electric Shaver
The pivoting head is an impressive touch that allows you to get the closest electric shave. You can also attach several guards or beard trimmers, including the direct and cut trimmer, which allows you to cut hair safely, even when it grows in a different direction than other facial hair.
This powerful shaver is the perfect option for any type of facial hair length, and it can be used for wet and dry shaves. The LED indicator shows battery life, hygiene status, and travel lock indicator.
Where to BuyShop Now $229.94
4. Remington F5-5800
Looking for a more affordable electric shaver? The Remington F5-5800 comes in a sleek, matte black package.
It’s best for close shaves, and it has cordless or corded options. With its waterproof design, you can use it for wet and dry shaves. We also found that it held a charge for a few days before needing to go back on the charger.
- Pivot and Flex Foil Technology Stays close to skin for smooth results
- Rechargeable battery 60 minutes of cordless runtime.To clean the external surfaces of the shaver, use a damp cloth
- Pop up Detail Trimmer For finishing touches on your facial hair and sideburns.Do not use strong detergents or other chemical
- Easy to Clean Washable under the faucet; Charging time 2 hours; Voltage: Worldwide
Best Value Shaver
The F5-5800 is the most popular shaver from Remington. It’s also the highest-quality shaver from the brand from the past few years. It has a sleek 3-blade shaving system with a flexible shaving head, but it doesn’t get as much movement as the Braun Series 7 or Series 9.
The best part about this shaver is that you can unplug and still get a strong battery life for shaving on the go. It’s also easy to clean and perfect dry or wet shaving. The pop-up trimmer attachment is perfect for light grooming in between shaves.
Where to BuyShop Now $54.99
5. Yohoolyo Electric Shaver: Fastest Electric Shaver
We also looked at many of the more affordable shavers and tested each one for clean shaves. The YOHOOLYO Shaver brand creates wet/dry razors that are completely waterproof and cordless.
While it’s not as close of a shave the first time as we like, the YOHOOLYO has incredible power and gets pretty close to clean with its floating shaving heads.
- IPX7 Waterproof/Wet and Dry Use - The whole body of this Mens electric razor is IPX 7 waterproof, which enables you to enjoy dry shave or wet shave with gel or foam. You can even shave in the shower. Besides, it is very convenient to clean it under running water.
- 3D Floating Shaving Head - This electric razor for men is equipped with the double ring and 3 D floating shaving heads which can perfectly fit the curve of your face and neck. It reduces skin friction and ensure smooth and gentle shaving. The pop up trimmer can better trim and shape your mustache and sideburns.
- LED Display - This mens electric razor has the advanced intelligent display, from which you can clearly see the speed mode,battery power left minutes,it also has the charger reminder, smart blocking and cleaning reminder,travel lock. While charging, it has the charging indicator and shows the battery charging percentage.
- 2-prong Charger and USB Charging Cable - This Mens electric razor only supports 5V, please do not use other power plug (some are 15V) to charge it, or it will cause directly died of this shaver. 1.5 hours fully charge supports about 40 shaves. It supports using while charging, so when it is out of power you can have a fast shaving simply by plugging it in.
With multiple speeds, you can use turbo mode to get a faster shave. With three floating heads and precision steel blades, you can use the ultra-thin double-track cutter to comfortably shave without skin irritation.
The package comes with shaver heads, storage pouch, charge cord, and cleaning brush.
Where to BuyShop Now $22.45
6. Panasonic Arc5 Electric Razor: Best Wet/Dry Shaver
Panasonic recently upgraded the Arc5 Razor to a new model with all new features. The latest version is the ES-LV95, which includes all accessories and cleaning station. With its chrome plating and button operation, you can instantly start shaving.
- Sharp men’s shaver blades: Panasonic Arc5 men's electric shaver with five ultra-sharp precision honed 30° Nanotech blades and ultra-thin Arc foil follow facial contours for a quick, close and comfortable shave
- Wet/Dry electric shaver and trimmer 2 in 1: Built-in pop up trimmer details mustaches, beards and sideburns; Wet/dry waterproof shaver allows for convenient shaving in or out of the shower.Power source:AC 100-240V (Automatic International Dual Voltage Conversion)
- Multi Flex pivoting head: Panasonic flexible pivoting electric shaver head glides effortlessly to trace the individual contours of face, chin, neck and jaw; Built-in shaving sensor monitors differences in beard density and automatically adjusts cutting power for exceptional comfort
- High performance motor with a linear drive: This Panasonic shaver is equipped with a linear motor which delivers 14,000 cuts per minute (70,000 crosscutting actions per minute) and maintains peak power up to the end of every battery charge
- LCD battery indicator: The shaver’s 10 stage LCD shows battery status at a glance; Rechargeable, portable and travel friendly
This 5-blade razor gets pretty close to clean, but we noticed a few areas that were difficult for the blades to reach.
The pivoting head moves with your hand easily, easily adapting to your chin and jaw, and it includes a built-in sensor that monitors hair density and automatically adjusts. You’ll get a perfectly even, precise shave with the Panasonic Arc5.
Where to BuyShop Now $123.99
7. MOOSOO Shaver for Men: Lowest Cost Shaver
We looked at value electric razors that use electric rotary shaver blades. With almost 600 4.5-star or higher ratings, the MOOSOO Shaver is a low-cost electric cordless razor that includes a pop-up trimmer and four-direction floating head.No products found. No products found.
The MOOSOO Shaver is an incredible package that comes with all the guards, cleaning tools, and charging station.
We liked that you get an extremely close shave with the MOOSOO for an exceptionally low price. You can also depend on the 2-year warranty and 24/7 customer service if there are any issues.
Where to BuyNo products found. No products found. No products found.
8. YASUN Wet Dry Electric Shaver: Great Value Shaver
The matte white and black design on the YASUN electric razor is pretty attractive, but this isn’t just a razor in a pretty package. Under $30, this exceptional foil shaver is a cordless, rechargeable razor that uses ultra-thin foil technology to get the closest shave.
- 【Ultra Thin Foil Technology】YASUN YS5800 electric razor is designed with Ultra Thin Foil Technology which provides a closer shave compared to competition. On top of that, high-quality hypoallergenic titanium plated foil heads reduce irritation to give users a gentle and painless experience.
- 【Intelligent Shaving System】Three floating blades combined with an intelligent anti-pinch system minimizes the risk of nicks and cuts while adjusting to the contours and angles of your face. The middle blade helps pre-trim the longer hairs followed by the side blades to ensure a close clean cut.
- 【Safety Lock/Trimmer/Features】 Built with a simple but effective travel safety lock located on the power switch (three blue indicators) that must be pressed down in order to turn on. Back pop-up trimmer for your beard, sideburns and manscaping needs. Charge light indicator lets users know when it’s being charged. Comes with a USB charger and a USB adapter for convenient charging and cordless use. Powerful Lithium-Ion battery provides up to 80 minutes of shaving.
- 【IPX7 Waterproof】Advanced waterproof system provides users with the convenience of wet or dry shaving. You can go for a smoother and more comfortable shave by using shaving cream or if you’re in a rush, you can opt out for a quick dry shave. This electrical equipment is fully waterproof and can be used in the shower. It also comes with a detachable head for easy cleaning.
- 【Perfect Gift & Service】 With a minimalist and sleek design, it’s an ideal gift for your father, husband, boyfriend or son. Your satisfaction is our number one priority. YASUN offers a 2-year warranty on all shavers and will not hesitate to refund or replace if you encounter any problems with our product. We provide 24-hour professional customer service. If you have any questions or concerns please contact us by clicking “Ask a question” feature on our store page.
We found that the YASUN gets an incredibly close shave, and the anti-pinch system means that you won’t get any nicks or cuts either.
In addition to the titanium plated heads, YASUN also has some smart technology, including a charge light indicator and USB charger.