One way to really mess up your hairline is by using a pair of clippers that doesn’t work well for beginners. Perhaps it’s the plastic casing or flimsy blade guard, but without the best hair clippers in your hand, you may be forced to wear your favorite hat for the next week.
The best hair clippers feature high-quality steel blades and metal casings. With corded or cordless versions, these motorized hair clippers often come with accessories included such as multiple comb guards, nose trimmer attachments, and more.
If you’re ready to cut your hair at home, or need a professional grade product, then you must know the top clippers on the market. There are multiple brands all claiming the best results, but only a few of these are the best hair clipper brands with must-have features.
Hair Clippers Buyer’s Guide
It’s not hard to cut your own hair, but if not practiced in the right angles and motions, getting the length and faded hairstyle can be tricky. The best hair clippers will make buzz cuts, taper haircuts, fade haircuts, and even temple fades quite easy.
The right pair of hair clippers should be made from high-quality materials like stainless steel so it lasts for many years. Some brands offer a warranty just for that reason, such as Wahl and Oster.
To find the perfect long-lasting hair clippers, the B&B team studied dozens of high-quality clippers to see what features matter most and what products perform best.
Smart Electric Clipper Design
Affordable hair clipper brands may opt for a cheaper, plastic casing, but higher-end models will have a metal casing, such as a stainless steel case.
Larger clippers are harder to hold in the hand, which is why some of Wahl’s models may not feel right when you hold them. You should stick to models that will be easy to work with, so check the dimensions.
In addition, cordless and corded models matter. While you want to use a cordless anywhere, you still want a corded plug-in option so you don’t have to wait for it to charge.
Some newer styles come with a built-in LED display, which can show battery level and speed typically.
In summary, look for these features in a high-quality hair clipper design:
- Metal casing
- Steel blades
- Cordless and corded options
- Medium size, ergonomic handle
- LED display for battery life indicator
- Strong cutting power
Leading Hair Clipper Brands
There are so many brands selling hair clippers, but which ones truly offer legendary quality? These three brands definitely stand out (in no order):
These are some older brands, but that doesn’t necessarily mean more advanced. While these brands make incredibly durable and high-quality clippers, they may not have longer battery life, LED displays, or lower noise.
Type of Motor in Hair Clipper
The type of motor in any electric clipper indicates a high-quality or poor-quality product. With a powerful motor and blade system, you’re primed to get a clean shave.
While in the past, some models had magnetic and pivot motors, the most common type of hair clipper motor is a rotary motor. However, Andis uses magnetic motors, allowing it to run at a cooler temperature with a lower noise level.
Rotary motors provide the most power and speed for close shaves. Integrated rotary motors are the best because it removes more hair at once, and cutting action is gear driven, allowing you to shave in both wet and dry environments.
Types of Blades
There are fixed adjustable and detachable blades in hair clippers. Most hair clippers come with fixed adjustable blades, allowing you to adjust the cutting length however you like. You can also vary your shave using different attachment blade guards and combs.
Other hair clippers use detachable blade systems and come with their own special attachments.
Hair Clipper Accessories
With any hair clipper, you should have multiple blade guards, nose trimmers, and beard trimming attachments. These typically are included with all-in-one kits, but may not be available with lower-priced standalone hair clipper units.
However, any of the top brands like Wahl, Andis, Oster, or Remington include several blade guards or combs. These allow you to change the length of your cut, but lining attachments can also be good for cutting intricate designs.
These accessories are more commonly found with barber clippers, such as the Andis Professional Master Adjustable Blade Clippers.
What are the Best Hair Clippers
We’ve reviewed hundreds of hair clippers and trimmers, and we’re always on the lookout for standout products that deliver high-quality shaves.
We based our decision on what clippers offered the smoothest result with the least amount of effort. In addition, the B&B team tested clippers to see how well they charged and if they were easy to clean.
Overall, the B&B team found that the Andis Professional Master hair clippers offer 14,000 cutting strokes per minute, and even though it’s corded, this high-powered pair of clippers uses a magnetic motor which delivers speed and power for precise trimming.
Professional Hair Clippers Reviewed
1. Andis Master Professional Hair Clippers
Andis Professional Hair Clippers are revered by the top barber shops for its all-around cutting versatility. Its magnetic motor is a beast at 14,000 cuts/minute.
It features a cool chrome finish and is great for clipping fades and tapers.
- Perfect for all-around cutting and tapering
- Powerful, magnetic motor generates 14,000 cutting strokes per minute
- Blade is adjustable from fine to coarse size 000 to size 1 and can be 0 gapped
- Convenient thumb-controlled side switch for 1-hand on/off operation
- Unbreakable, lightweight aluminum housing for years of dependable styling
for Professional Hair Clippers
- Preferred by barbers
- Quick Adjust from 000 – 1
- Heavy duty
- Heavier than most
- Corded (does have cordless model)
- Requires oiling for every use
I really like how the blades quickly adjust from Size 000-1 with the flick of the side lever. Though I typically prefer a cordless tool, you just won’t get the same power. Though you trade power for extra weight, it’s definitely worth the trade.
Where to BuyShop Now $110.63
2. Wahl Clipper Elite Pro
The Wahl Clipper Elite is a high-performance cutter you can use at home. Whether you’re after a self haircut or looking to grooming the kids, this electric hair clipper comes from a trusted brand of cutting tools.
- Finest Precision Blades - Self sharpening, stay sharp longer to cut all hair types. Adjustable taper lever makes it easy to fade and blend
- Secure-Fit Premium Guards W/ Stainless Steel Clips - Guide combs make haircutting at home safe, smooth and easy
- Powerful & Durable Motor - Quiet, low noise superior performance haircut machine
- Premium Accessories – Shears / scissors, styling comb, cape / bib, blade oil, cleaning brush, handled storage case, drawstring pouch for guards, cord wrap, blade guard
- Limited Lifetime Warranty - For home use only, not valid if used as professional barber clippers. Not for international use, made for USA electrical wall outlets only. Based on North American Dollar Sales
- Lifetime warranty (for home use)
- Lots of accessories
- Self-sharpening blades
- Best overall guard quality & design
- Heavy – 2.5lbs
- Not as quiet as they claim
I like this clipper for its self-sharpening blades and adjustable taper levels. Wahl now offers “Secure-Fit” in all their premium guards for the best cutting experience.
Where to BuyShop Now $49.99
3. SKEY Professional Hair Clippers
The SKEY Professional Hair Clippers is a high tech looking cordless hair and beard trimmer. It’s made with waterproof titanium & ceramic blades for a wet or dry cut. It’s easily rechargeable, has 2-Speed adjustments, a cool LCD display, and travel bag.
- 【15 In 1 Hair Groomers with Multi-size Guiding Combs】Comes with 1* SKEY Cordless Hair Clipper, 8* Guides Combs (Guide comb 3/6/9/12/ 16/18/24/28mm), 1*Scissors, 1* Comb, 1*Charger adapter, 1* Oil, 1* Cleaning Brush, 1* Storage bag. Plus, a...
- 【LED Display & Waterproof Design】The hair cutting tools is easy to clean, can be cleaned under the tap, also be used in the shower, please be careful not to soak the hair trimmer in water for a long time, otherwise it will cause damage. LED...
- 【High Capacity Battery】Cordless Hair Trimmer with the high-quality 1500mAh lithium battery can last 3Hrs of running time after 4-5 hours full charged, the USB charging plug ensures that you can find the charging source conveniently, whether at...
- 【Adjustable】The ceramic Blade and titanium blade is adjustable with a rotating dial which gives you the precise and close grade trims. The cutting lengths (0.8 /1.1/ 1.4 / 1.7 / 2.0mm) are marked on the cutting length control ring.
- 【Self Hair Cutting System & Whisper Quiet】The hair clipper support 2 different speed settings: 6500RPM, 7000RPM. But low-vibration, precision motor ensures the whisper-quiet operation and won't scare your babies, make your kids and babies feel at...
- One of the Top sellers
- Nearly 5-star reviews
- 15 in 1 Grooming Kit
- Not a mainstream brand
- Only powerful enough for home cuts
- Battery charge time may be overstated
It cleans up easily and has a great LCD display. I wouldn’t suggest this clipper for barbers or stylists, but works well for home cuts. It has lots of attachments and is quieter than most.
Where to BuyShop Now $56.99
4. Limural Pro Hair Clippers
The Limural Hair Clippers are a professional grade, cordless clipping tool. It’s perfect for hair cutting and beard trimming.
- Mens Hair Clippers Grooming Kit - This is a complete barber sets for cutting hair, which includes a cape, lubricating oil, cleaning brush, and a full-range of guard attachments (3/6/10/13/16/19mm) for different hair lengths (0.5-20.7mm).
- All In One Professional Clippers - This multipurpose clipper combines the functions of a hair and a beard trimmer in one device. It includes full-size guide combs to satisfy your needs of trimming your head and face, it is also very suitable for kids...
- Quiet, Powerful Rotary Motor - The electric clipper's motor is powerful enough to cut through even the thickest hair with ease. The teeth on the blade are tightly line up with each other to remove hair with no snagging or pulling, offering an...
- Wireless, Dual Voltage Charging - Hair trimmer can be with cord or cordless which is super convenient for self-cutting. Universal charging - One full charge gives you up to FIVE hours of use. Please note an Adapter might be needed (Not Included in...
- LED Display, Ergonomical Handle - The LED display of haircut clippers clearly shows remaining percentage of battery. This professional hair clipper for men is very comfortable to hold, easy to use and clean even for first-time users.
- Great for barbers
- Cordless & LED display
- Nearly 5-stars
- Better suited for professionals
- It’s a bit Loud
- Could have better combs
It has a great stainless steel and ergonomic design fitting for a barbershop. IMHO it’s a bit overkill for home use unless you’re cutting the whole family.
It has universal USB charger with a choice of 110-240V. So, it has many solid reviews and its strong contender.
Where to BuyShop Now $48.99
5. OSTER Fast Feed Adjustable Hair Clipper
OSTER is a well-respected brand with barbers. OSTER Fast Feed Clipper with Adjustable Pivot Motor is an awesome, awesome cutter without the frills.
It’s a battle-tested clipper that’s a little quieter than other corded tools on our list. It features an ergonomic design good for extended cutting.
- Powerful, Whisper Quiet Pivot Motor,Steel Blade Adjusts Between Size 000 and 1
- Cuts Through All Types of Hair (Wet or Dry)
- Ergonomic Design For All Day Cutting,Textured Housing Provides Easy Grip
- 4 Guide Combs: Blending, 1/4", 3/8", 1/2", 8 Ft Power Cord
- Includes Blade Guard, Lubricating Oil & Cleaning Brush
- Quick adjust
- Slim design
- 8ft power cord
- Fast feed could have more power
- Louder than claimed
It’s a solid clipper though I prefer the Andis clipper all things considered. I always see this unit on sale, so if you’re looking to save over the Andis, this could be an option for you.
Where to BuyShop Now $69.47
6. Surker Mens Hair Clippers
The cordless SURKER Mens Hair Clippers is a professional trimmer good for haircuts and beard grooming. It has a slick chrome finish and LED Display. I also like that it’s USB rechargeable.
- ELECTRIC PROFESSIONAL HAIR CLIPPER - Designed for smooth, quick,and precise clipping performance on all types of hair with long lasting high-carbon enhanced self-sharpening precision stainless steel blades(Blade can be washed by water,easy to clean)
- WIRELESS WITH HIGH CAPACITY BATTERY - Built-in rechargeable 2500mAh premium and safer Lithium Ion battery cell, offers up to 300 minutes of running time with charging 3 hours,LED light indicates battery level
- LENGTH ADJUSTMENT LEVER - The thumb taper lever on the left side enables easy haircut length adjusting From 0.8mm to 2.0mm
- ACCESSORIES INCLUDED - Comes with 6 high quality plastic guide combs(1.5mm/3mm/4.5mm/6mm/10mm/13mm),also including blade guard,cleaning brush,USB charging cable,instruction
- LED DISPLAY AND ERGONOMIC DESIGN - The LED display of this clipper clearly shows remaining percentage of battery.This professional hair clipper for men is very comfortable to hold,easy to use and clean even for first-time users
- LED display
- Self-sharpening, stainless steel blades
- 2500mah lithium ion battery
- Adjustable lever is a little stiff
- Not as powerful as others reviewed
- Made in China
All in all, I like the overall feel when cutting. Not overly impressed with the guards like I was with the Wahl. I know I gave it a small strike regarding power, but that’s versus the power I like with corded clippers.
In reading hundreds of reviews, I’m a bit uneasy about some claims people were receiving used devices. The company vehemently denies the claims. So, don’t let that deter you, just keep verify your item is new. If not, just get it replaced within the 30-day window.
I personally like the clippers and had a good experience with a brand new unit.
Where to BuyShop Now $43.99
7. BESTBOMG Heavy Duty Hair Clippers
This is the “Updated Version” of the BESTBOMG Professional Hair Clippers. It has titanium ceramic blades so it can be used wet or dry.
- ✔Lifetime cordless senior clipper blades for precision sharp cutting: Self-sharpening stainless steel blades in proper alignment for smooth cut, suitable for dry/wet hair style. No more snagging and pulling. They are engineered for long-lasting...
- ✔Time-tested and powerful yet very quiet motor: 8W heavy duty motorhair cutting machine enables you to cut through all kinds of hair with ease and efficiency all day long. The motor is not only powerful, but hair clipper cutting kit is also quiet,...
- ✔Rechargeable Beard Trimmer with Battery: The hair clipper is signal lighting up when it's charging or using. The trimmer’s rechargeable Lithium-ion battery offers up to 240 minutes of operation time after a full 3-hour charge.
- ✔Adjustable Taper Level & Guide Comb: The lightweight housing unit makes professional hair clippers easy to use. Easily adjust trimming length with the integrated taper level from 1-3 mm in length, and 4 standard length limit combs respectively...
- ✔Corded/Cordless Hair Clipper: Use with or without a cord as your favorite. Take the travel hair clipper together when you go business trip or travel. It can be used as a universal hair trimmer while its voltage is 110v-240v, designed for...
- Cut wet or dry
- Operates at 65db (fairly quiet)
- Great masculine design
- Thicker hair requires more effort
- got less than 240 min of run time
- Made in China
I like having the option to use it corded or cordless and design wise, it just looks badass! So if you run a salon or barbershop, I’d say pass on this one. It’s reasonably priced and a better choice for home or light use.
Where to BuyShop Now $39.99
8. WONER Hair Clippers
The WONER Hair Clippers is an easy to use cordless clipper/trimmer. It’s a good at-home and family cutter, also good for beginners. It features a unique dial control for quick cutting length control.
- ✄【SHARP BLADE】WONER hair clippers has a removable ceramic blade and a fixed titanium blade for outstanding performance, always sharp, easy to clean and longer lasting.
- ✄【LOW VIBRATE & LOW NOISE】Powerful motor makes the hair trimmer run at low vibration, making it easier to handle it. Ultra-quiet design to get rid of working noise, you can even give your child a haircut.
- ✄【PRECISE LENGTH CONTROL】5 precise length control(0.8mm-2mm) and 6 guide combs (1/8",1/4",3/8",1/2", 5/8", 3/4", thinning guard, ), allows multiple cutting lengths.
- ✄【CORDLESS / CORDED OPERATION】The cordless hair clippers can be used while plugged in. Ideal for home haircut and beginners friendly. The cordless hair clippers runs on 2000mA lithium power that provides up to 240 minutes of run-time after 2-3h...
- ✄【WHAT YOU GET】6 guide combs, travel pouch, charger adapter, oil, cleaning brush, instructions and 12-months free replacement warranty.
- Good for beginners
- Removable ceramic blade
- Case & accessories
- 2yr warranty, 12-month free replacement warranty & 60-day money-back
- Good customer service
- Extra effort needed for thick hair
- Guards are in MM not Inches
- Not for professional use
So I’d never heard of WONER before and reviewed it because of its low price. Typically, I like to have a value option for those on a budget and adjust my expectations. However, I thought it was going to be total crap, but it turned out to be a decent item for the money.
I mentioned the rotary dial control for cutting length adjustment. It’s easy to use and handy location. One note: the adjustment numbers are in millimeters (mm). So no problem, just an FYI.
I haven’t used it long term as of yet.
Where to BuyShop Now $21.99
9. Wahl Color Pro Cordless Hair Clippers
Yes, we’re reviewing another Wahl. This Wahl Color Pro is a cordless hair clipper and trimmer and a complete home haircutting kit.
This model is family friendly and more geared to at-home users. It’s just super easy to use without overly complicate technical features.
- Cordless Convenience – Color Pro Cordless is rechargeable and wireless. Cord/Cordless allows you to use the clipper on battery or when its charging
- Color Coded Guide Combs – Finding and remembering everyone’s favorite hair length is easier than ever. Corresponding the correct comb to the right cutting length is simple with our easy to see attachment guards
- Hygienic Grooming – Since our blades are removable and rinseable they are easy to clean. Simply run them under water to wash away excess clippings and trimmings
- Smooth, Easy Haircuts – With a variety of cutting lengths, adjusting the trim length is pain free. Quickly reference the color key on the face of the clipper and attach the corresponding colored clipper comb attachment
- Grooming on the Go – With 60 minutes of run time, our Cordless Color Pro is great for travel, vacation, business trips, and more. Worldwide voltage means you can use no matter what country you’re in, 220v or dual voltage
- Complete at home grooming kit
- super easy to use
- Dual voltage
- only 60 min of run time
- not for professional use
- Not better than the Wahl Elite (corded)
I really like the color coded combs! I’ve been using black combs my entire adult life, and a simple user improvement makes all the difference.
So, if you’re looking for massive power and want a Wahl – stop, and go back up to the Wahl Elite. However, if you want a simple and easy to use at home cordless, this is a great option.
Where to BuyShop Now $29.99
10. Braun All-in-one Clippers for Men
OK I’ve owned a few Brauns (from Walmart) over the years and they’ve all been just average. However, the tech on this Braun All-in-one Clippers has come a long way.
This MGK3980 is a 9-in-1 styling kit complete with hair clippers for men, beard trimmer, ear and nose trimmer, body groomer and detail trimmer. Also oddly enough, it comes with a Gillette ProGlide Razor, which is my favorite pivoting blade.
- 9 precision styling jobs in one device: stubble, short, medium and long beards, body grooming, ear and nose trimming
- 4 combs for 13 precision length settings from 0.5-21mm
- Lifetime lasting sharp blades for ultimate precision
- 60 minutes of cordless trimming and Quick Charge with no performance loss
- 100% waterproof for in-shower use and easy cleaning
- Use in the shower
- Case, Multi-use attachments & Gillette ProGlide Razor
- Quick recharge
- Only 60 min of run time
- Body trimmer is mediocre
- Could be a closer shave
This is a good upper-middle of the road clipper with a full kit with multi-groom attachments and gets a few points for versatility. It’s sure not my top pick but a good option for light home use.
Where to BuyShop Now $54.99
11. Remington HC5855 Hair Clipper
The Remington HC5855 Clippers are virtually indestructible, or at least that’s the claim. It’s a complete styling kit that can be used as a haircut clippers and beard trimmer with 15 pieces included.
It uses Remington’s “Powercut Blade System” that eliminates pulling and tugging with a more accurate straight cuts.
- 15 Piece Kit Cut, style, and protect. This Virtually Indestructible clipper comes with length adjusting combs, a beard brush and styling comb, and oil for the blades. Plus, a convenient soft storage pouch keeps everything in one spot
- POWERCUT Blade System No more snagging and pulling. Our exclusive system keeps the blades in proper alignment for a smooth, even cut. You can even swap out the blade for other attachments like the Balder Blade or the T Blade
- Super Magnet Motor The super torque motor drives maximum power to the cutting system for 2x faster cutting performance than top selling Wahl corded clippers
- Precision Ground Blades The expertly ground blade edges provide the ultimate haircut experience as they cut through even the thickest hair with ease
- Easy to Clean The removable blade system is safe to wash under running water, making cleanup fast and easy
- Removable blade system for easy cleaning
- Heavy duty + durable rubber grip
- High impact Polycarbonate casing
- Not for professional use
- Blending/fading/tapering is just ok
This isn’t a high-end clipper with ridiculous power. However, It’s build like a tank and gives an above average cut for the money – so, I like it. It also has a full kit of accessories and makes an excellent gift or good pick for at-home grooming.
Where to BuyShop Now $34.61
12. Philips Norelco MG3750 Multigroom Clippers
The Philips Norelco MG3750 Multigroom is their all-in-one series 3000, 13 attachment clipper and trimmer. So, you get a lot of extras in this little kit such as a detail trimmer and nose hair trimmer.
- 13 attachments for all of your grooming needs: Full size steel trimmer, a steel precision trimmer, a nose and ear hair trimmer, 3 hair trimming guards, 3 beard trimming guards, a stubble guard, an accessory travel storage bag, and a cleaning brush....
- Maximum precision with DualCut technology, which includes 2x more self-sharpening blades. The steel blades sharpen themselves as they work, resulting in blades that remain as sharp as day 1 after 2 years of use.
- Best selling trimmer from the #1 trimmer brand*
- Unlike competition, no oil needed to maintain high quality performance
- Blades and Guards are easy to detach and rinse, For Hair Type: All Hair Types
- Lots of attachments
- Best Seller on Amazon
- Excellent customer service
- Not for professional use
- Not a fan of the guides
- Seems rough on skin for close shaves
It’s definitely not the most powerful nor the most high tech, but with reviews in the tens of thousands, it’s a worthy budget-class contender. It gets the job done and is really easy to use and clean-up. Worth a look.