Do you have a curly beard that just won’t be tamed or maybe want a straighter look? So if your beard is out of control, you can use tools like the best beard straighteners or even certain beard care products to straighten your beard.
Straightening your beard leads to smoother facial hair that can easily be styled. You can straighten your hair with ceramic iron straighteners and heated brushes, as well as certain creams or beard oil products to straighten beard hair.
We go over all the ways to straighten your facial hair and tame your beard’s bushiness with these tips below.
Straightened Beard Examples
First, are you ready for a straightened beard transformation? We found some of the best examples of men who used straighteners or flat irons to create silky, smooth beard hair.
From straight and smooth to tamed frizz, your beard hair could benefit from being straightened, and you don’t have to go to the barbershop to do it.
types of beard straighteners
- Beard Comb Straighteners: While some may call this a “brush straightener,” these actually use wide teeth combs on top of heated plates to straighten your hair.
- Flat Iron Straighteners: There are smaller facial hair straighteners that use ceramic, titanium plates with high temperatures to smooth out frizz and curly hair.
- Straightening Brushes: Unlike the comb, these have more teeth and typically use lower heat settings to tame hair, rather than flatten it completely.
Purchase a beard straightener that’s suited for your beard length.
Follow these simple steps to get the perfect straight beard style.
Warning: Use a towel to completely dry your beard before you straighten your curly beard.
- Wash and comb (or brush) your beard hair first, using a wooden comb or boar bristle brush.
- Make sure your beard is dry.
- Choose a comb or brush straightener for more control and style.
- Set temperature to under 400 degrees (or else you may damage your beard).
- Start straightening from the outer edges to the middle of your beard.
- Straighten in 1-inch sections, spending at least 5-10 seconds per section.
- Apply a beard balm or beard oil lightly to increase shine.
Without further ado, here’s how to straighten your beard via proven methods that work the best.
How to Straighten Your Beard
Before straightening to get that beard coiffure, you’ll want to wash your beard as you typically do. This removes all the dirt and grime so that if you apply heat or a beard straightening cream, you only work with clean hair.
So why straighten your beard hair? This trend started with the introduction of new beard straighteners and flat irons that created a decadent look for men’s facial hair.
1. Use a Beard Straightener
Do you need a blow dryer to straighten your beard? No! The best way to get the straightened beard look is to simply use a beard straightener brush like Cnxus Ion Hair Straightener Brush or DOLIROX Men’s Beard Straightener. Both products use a hot comb and brush style to tame curly, wavy, wiry hairs instantly.
2. Use Straightening Creams
Beard straightening creams also known as beard relaxing creams are often used to help men who have extremely bushy, frizzy beard hair. These products work by conditioning your beard and soaking your follicles with moisture.
There are a number of beard care products on the market that will moisturize and soften your beard. These creams, beard conditioners, and balms smooth out frizz and moisturize your facial hair. Here are a few we’ve seen work:
- Wahl Beard Creme
- Honest Amish Beard Balm Leave-In Conditioner
- Shea Moisture Mens Full Beard Detangler
- Bossman Relaxing Beard Balm
If you don’t want to use flat irons or heated beard straighteners, you can try a new routine by adding a beard conditioner into the mix. To protect your hair follicle, choose one without harsh chemicals such as sulfates.
We reviewed the top beard conditioners and offer tips on how to apply these products to get the best beard.
3. Straighten with Beard Oil
Many men use beard oil to improve the look and shine of their beard. It’s also a good hair product to use for softening and moisturizing your beard hair. While it may not straighten your beard hair completely, you can use beard oil every day to improve the look and feel of your beard hair.
4. Brush and Comb
Over time, brushing your beard can also lead to more growth. Daily combing will train your beard hair to grow in the right direction and also help to distribute beard oil or balms for more conditioning.
Overall, by using these beard conditioning products and brushing your hair every day, you should see an improvement in your beard hair within a few weeks.