Have you thought about what sunglasses are best for your head shape? You’re not alone. Many men turn to designer sunglasses as a fashion accessory. They try them on only to find that they don’t suit their face, whether they’re too narrow or simply don’t have the right “look.”
Sunglasses for bald men include an attractive range of styles that enhance your look. We found the best men’s’ sunglass styles include:
- Thick frames or Wayfarers
- Shield style
In our search, we tried on several brands of sunglasses and found the best ones for different bald head shapes. Here’s our review of the best sunglasses for bald men, followed by quick tips on how to pick sunglasses for your head shape.
Table of Contents
- Best Sunglasses for Bald Men Reviews
- What Sunglasses Suit Bald Men?
Best Sunglasses for Bald Men Reviews
We picked out a number of different sunglasses that suit all bald head shapes. Here are our favorites:
1. Gucci Men’s Aviator Metal Sunglasses
When it comes to sunglasses for men, Gucci has all kinds of styles. However, their aviator metal sunglass styles are best for bald men.
For one, these sunglasses are always on-trend and feature a variety of shapes and colors while still exhibiting the same aviator shape.
We think the metal aviator frames are the best to go with from Gucci. Compared to the acetate, they just feel better and have a classic look. These styles also come with a variety of shaded, polarized lenses and a velvet case, which is a signature of Gucci.
- Model: GG0062S Style: Fashion Pilot
- Frame/Temple Color: Gold/Black - 011
- Lens Color: Grey Gradient/Silver Flash
- Lens-57 Bridge-17 Temple-140mm
- Gender: Men's Made In: Japan
2. Hugo Boss Men’s Sunglasses
Hugo Boss has always made incredibly durable, stylish sunglasses for men. Their B0919s model has a Wayfarer look, but they feel sturdier and the rectangular frames aren’t as large.
These also won’t cost as much as Gucci or other designer sunglasses, but you’ll still get that designer feel and quality.
- Plastic frame
- 100% UV protection coating
- Branded case included
3. Persol Sunglasses for Men
These are thick, rectangular frames with lots of shading. They feel excellent and look sharp with glass lenses that are easier to clean than your typical, cheap plastic frames. These frames sit comfortably on your nose and ears with no irritation.
Persol makes polarized and non-polarized lenses, so be careful when you’re purchasing these to get the best protection.
- Inspired by a '40s shape, this frame fusees tradition with modernity and design with craftsmanship.
- Visit our Persol Brand Shop - click on the Persol logo above to view our full assortment.
4. Ray-Ban’s Men’s Justin Sunglasses
For those who like the rectangular Wayfarer look, the Ray-Ban’s Men’s Justin sunglasses are another pair that work well with a shaved head.
These have the Ray-Ban logo on each side, and these frames are considered the most popular for bald men. With polarized lenses and various shades, you can create your own style by opting for mirror lenses in various colors.
- UNISEX CLASSIC RECTANGULAR SUNGLASSES: The Justin RB4165 is a classic unisex pair of sunglasses. Made from high-quality plastic frames and durable prescription-ready glass lenses, these Ray-Bans are comfortable, fashionable, and long lasting.
- 100% UV PROTECTION: To protect your eyes from harmful UV rays, these sunglasses include lenses that are coated with 100% UV protection.
- LIGHTWEIGHT PLASTIC FRAMES: Our Justin unisex sunglasses are inspired by the iconic Wayfarer sunglasses. The style is redesigned with slightly larger rectangular lenses.
- LIGHTWEIGHT LENSES: These Ray-Ban sunglasses feature high-quality, light-weight lenses that help reduce eye strain while outdoors.
- MULTIPLE FRAME AND LENS COLORS: Choose from multiple frame colors-including black and tortoise-and lens colors and treatments including polarized, gradient and mirrored. Find a color combination that fits your personal brand and style.
5. Armani Exchange Metal Man Sunglasses
Armani Exchange has a specific style modeled after the aviator frame but with a unique look.
These AX Metal Sunglasses have a more pronounced rectangular look and perfect for a shaved head. They’re incredibly resilient and comfortable to wear, and we think they look amazing on any head shape, including an oval face.
With different lens and frame options, you can create the color of metal, from gold to black, or opt for a gradient tint. These are perfect for sunny summer days and protect your eyes with polarized lenses.
- 100% UV PROTECTION: To protect your eyes from harmful UV rays, these Armani Exchange sunglasses include lenses that are coated with 100% UV protection.
- MULTIPLE FRAME AND LENS COLORS: Choose from multiple frame colors, lens colors and lens treatments. Find a color combination that fits your personal brand and style.
- CASE & CLEANING CLOTH INCLUDED: Each pair of Armani Exchange sunglasses come with a cleaning cloth and case to clean and protect your sunglasses from scratches and damage.
- VISIT THE ARMANI EXCHANGE BRAND SHOP: Click on the Armani Exchange link above the product title to shop the entire Armani Exchange sunglass and eyeglass assortment.
6. Ray-Ban Aviator Large Metal Frames
The Ray-Ban aviator sunglasses with large metal frames are perfect for round and square face shapes. These are also quite akin to Guccis gold metal frame aviators, but without the price tag.
These glasses have thin, lightweight frames with slightly larger lenses. We love the look of the aviator, and Ray-Ban make a high-quality product that’s great style essential for bald men.
These frames are also built to last and come with polarized or non-polarized lenses.
- CLASSIC AVIATOR SUNGLASSES: Protect your eyes with style made famous by aviators since 1937. Ray-Ban RB3025 Large Metal Aviator Sunglasses are superior unisex glasses with multiple frame and lens options.
- POLARIZED SUNGLASSES: RB3025 Aviator sunglasses feature legendary Ray-Ban polarized lenses originally designed for military use, which improve clarity while reducing glare and eye-strain. Made of high-quality, scratch-resistant glass.
- 100% UV PROTECTION: These aviator sunglasses were made famous by Top Gun. You can feel comfortable knowing that the Ray-Ban lenses will provide 100% UV protection.
- UNISEX SUNGLASSES: Whether you’re looking for Ray-Ban sunglasses for women or men, RB3025 Aviators are designed as unisex sunglasses that are durable and fashionable.
- MULTIPLE FRAME AND LENS COLORS: With a variety of metal frame colors to choose from, including gold or silver, see the world through a variety of polarized lens colors—all of which provide optimal visual clarity and 100% UV protection.
7. WOODIES, Wooden (Walnut) Sunglasses w Black Polarized Lens
These are bolder frames and work well for a variety of bald head shapes. Whether you have an oblong or square shape, the WOODIES Wooden Sunglasses (for me and women) are incredibly stylish.
Woodies sunglasses replaced my previous pick for “Lemtosh-Wood Men’s Sunglasses”. I like the Woodies better for various reasons including an updated style, great warranty, reasonably priced and the reviews are crazy good.
They’re extremely durable and come with dark to light frames and polarized lenses.
They’re also built to be comfortable with double spring hinges. Made of real walnut, so they also tend to last much longer than your average pair of sunshades.
- ☀️POLARIZED WOOD SUNGLASSES | Polarized lenses offer 100% UVA / UVB protection and fully protect against harmful ultraviolet rays.
- 😎DOUBLE-SPRING HINGES | Sleek design with spring metal hinges comfortably fits any size head -- big or small. Sunglasses for men or women
- ❤️THE BEST CUSTOMER SERVICE | My very own mother personally answers every Woodies customer service request (yes, really!). She does a great job and we offer a 100% satisfaction guarantee.
- 🔥EXTRAS | Includes FREE Carrying Case, Lens Cloth, and Wood Guitar Pick
- ✅QUALITY | Just high quality, really affordable wood eyewear and accessories
8. Oakley Turbine Matte Black Sunglasses
If you’re outdoors a lot or simply like the sleek look of Oakley sunglasses, the Turbine matte black glasses are the best option.
The Oakley Turbine Matte Black shades come with patented High Definition Optics lenses and protect against high glare. Oakley glasses also come with an Unobtainium grip on the frames and arms to ensure that they don’t slip off your face.
- Oakley's Plutonite Lenses offer top UV Protection filtering 100% of all UVA, UVB, UVC and harmful blue light up to 400mm. Oakley’s lightweight Plutonite lens material offers superior comfort, clarity & protection against impact and ultraviolet radiation.
- PRIZM Lens Technology designed to enhance color, contrast and detail so athletes can make the most of any activity. Prizm Jade Polarized everyday lenses are designed for medium to bright light conditions to make the environment appear more vibrant , yet natural, with richer detail. HD Polarized lenses that block 99% of reflected glare. Light transmission: 12%
- Patented High Definition Optics (HDO) provides superior optical clarity and razor-sharp vision at every angle.
- O Matter stress-resistant frame is lightweight & durable for all-day comfort & protection. Oakley’s injection molded thermoplastic O-Matter frame provides improved strength & flexibility over traditional acetate & is built to withstand shifting or deforming over time.
- Three-Point Fit: Comfort and performance that holds lenses in precise optical alignment. Contact only happens at the bridge of the nose and behind the temples.
9. Ray-Ban New Wayfarer Sunglasses (Rb2132)
If you love the outdoors then the new Ray-Ban New Wayfarer Sunglasses are the perfect bald style accessory. I personally like the matte black frames and G-15 green lenses with 100% UV protection.
These new Ray-Bans come in 3 sizes and run slightly smaller than the classic Wayfarer Style so they’re a near perfect unisex frame. I also like that these sunglasses use the G-15 lenses, so they are prescription ready (big plus).
- UNISEX NON-POLARIZED SUNGLASSES: The Ray-Ban New Wayfarer sunglasses feature the legendary Ray-Ban crystal lenses. Made from high-quality glass, Ray-Ban lenses are prescription ready.
- 100% UV PROTECTION: To protect your eyes from harmful UV rays, these non-polarized sunglasses include glass lenses that are coated with 100% UV protection.
- REDUCE EYE STRAIN: New Wayfarer sunglasses feature precision-cut, scratch-resistant glass lenses that improve visual clarity, and help reduce eye strain while outdoors.
- DURABLE NYLON FRAMES: Our New Wayfarer sunglasses are incredibly durable. The frame is made from lightweight yet strong nylon construction. The bridge measures 18 mm, and the arms are 145 mm for an easy, comfortable fit.
- MULTIPLE FRAME AND LENS COLORS: Choose from multiple frame colors—including black and tortoise—and multiple lens colors and treatments—including non-polarized gradient lenses.
What Sunglasses Suit Bald Men?
Before looking at glasses, you may want to check out a face shape app for sunglasses. The app allows you to upload your picture and see what different types of glasses would look like on your face.
Choosing the right sunglasses for your head shape is particularly important to bald guys. It’s so obvious when a pair of glasses doesn’t jive well with a wider face or slimmer cheeks because it doesn’t balance out with the shaved head look.
There are a few factors that can help you find the perfect pair of sunglasses for a bald head.
Compliment Your Face Shape
One of the most important factors is determining whether sunglasses work well with your face shape. There are typically 6 different head shapes, though everyone is unique.
Wider shapes including round, heart-shaped faces, and square don’t look the best with small or round frames. Instead, you should have for aviators or wide frames that won’t cut into your face as narrow frames tend to do.
Oblong face shapes such as oval, rectangle, and diamond faces have their pick of sunglasses, though you probably wouldn’t go with oversized lenses that bulge. This could overshadow your shape and even make you look like an alien.
The most popular lens shapes include round, rectangular, aviator or Wayfarer. They may also be oversized or large lenses that are made to cover your eyes entirely and block out the sun. However, larger lenses tend to look strange on narrow or oblong faces.
Thick Frames vs. Thin Frames
Thin frames are less durable than thick frames, but it also depends on the material. Many thick frames are made from plastic, which don’t bend as much as some metal frames. However, they also peel and fade as the coating deteriorates over time.
Thin frames also may not work the best if the arms cut into your cheeks and sides of your head. This typically means that you need a thicker, wider pair of sunglasses.
Angular frames and glass frames also add a unique dimension to your overall look. When trying them on, pay close attention to how your skin tone works against the frames so you get it right.
See our guide on Glasses for Bald Men.